Diodes Incorporated has announced the introduction of five (AP64350, AP64351, AP64352, AP64500, and AP64501) synchronous buck converters with integrated high and low side MOSFETs providing point of load (PoL) solution with a continuous current of either 3.5A or 5A. The device features a proprietary gate driver technology, which delivers superior EMI performance in Step-down DC-DC Conversion for consumer, individual, networking and automotive applications.
Features of 40V synchronous buck converters
- Operates with a wide supply voltage range of 3.8V to 40V.
- A programmable switching frequency of 100kHz to 2.2MHz.
- Operates at 22μA (AP64350, AP64351, AP64352) and 25μA (AP64500, and AP64501) low quotient current.
- Operates at 85% efficiency at 5mA light load
- Has a protection circuitry including under-voltage lockout, output overvoltage protection, Cycle-by-cycle peak current limit and thermal shutdown.
- They all feature RDS (ON) and provide a low dropout (LDO) mode.
- The device is available in a SO-8EP package
The device has an optimized gate driver design and the parts also employ a frequency spread spectrum topology to further reduce EMI. In addition, AP64351 and AP64501 implement programmable soft-stare which can mitigate the effects of inrush currents as well as tracking, allowing power sequencing to be implemented more efficiently. The adjustable switching frequency allows engineers to select the most appropriate configuration for their application, based on efficiency, size of external components, or RF compatibility with other system-level functions.
These devices can be used in applications such as 5V, 12V, and 24V Distributed Power Bus Supplies, Power Tools and Laser Printers, White Goods and Small Home Appliances, Home Audio, Network Systems, Consumer Electronics, General Purpose Point of Load.