Littelfuse released SPD2 series of Type 2 surge protection devices with Thermal Protection to eliminate catastrophic failure. The SPD2 series safeguards components from surges by limiting the fault current to a load or the unit being protected. The devices comes in a wide range of operating voltages including DC power for solar applications. Also The SPD2 series is DIN-rail mounted for electrical cabinets.
The SPD2 series is ideal for power distribution, electrical loads, industrial controls, computers and communications as well as HVAC or medical equipment. Everyday occurrences of industrial power surges can be prevented by using an SPD with higher nominal discharge current—20 kilo amperes (kA)—to avoid unplanned disruptions or stoppages resulting in unfilled orders, missed deadlines, unreliable systems, and or dangerous situations.
- Capability to clamp and withstand high-energy transients to prevent disruption, downtime, and degradation or damage to equipment
- Each part is both UL Recognized and IEC-compliant to reduce inventory and support global usage
- A compact footprint to increase electrical panel design flexibility
- An interlocking tab mechanism to withstand vibration
- An SPD type and voltage-coded plug to prevent the module from being placed in the wrong base, eliminating the risk of improper protection
- A visual life indicator for quick determination of module replacement status
To know more about the SPD2 series, please visit Littelfuse Website.