ROHM has introduced BD71850MWV, a highly integrated and efficient power management IC (PMIC) optimized for NXP Semiconductors’ i.MX 8M Nano family of application processors that features exceptional computing and audio performance. With the BD71837AMWV for i.MX 8M and the BD71847AMWV for i.MX 8M Mini family application processors, ROHM offers power solutions for all members of the i.MX 8M series.
Features of BD71850MWV
- Input voltage range: 2.7V to 5.5V
- 6 programmable buck converters with optimized single output capacitor BOM
- 6 general-purpose LDOs with optimized supply power architecture
- OTP configurable and software programmable power control sequencer
- Can Integrate up to four Arm® Cortex®-A53 cores operating at up to 1.5GHz
- Also integrates an Arm Cortex-M7 that operates at up to 750 MHz for low standby power consumption
- Power-control hardware sideband signaling compatible with i.MX 8M Nano
- 1.8V / 3.3v Power multiplexer for high-speed SDXC card
- Single-switch, multi-functional power button functionality
- 32.768kHz crystal oscillator driver
- Extensive protection functions (soft start, power rail error detection, overvoltage, overcurrent, etc.)
- 3.3V tolerant I2C I/F (1 MHz max.)
The i.MX 8M Nano applications processors allow customers to incorporate a voice interface to audio streaming devices at a minimal cost. It also supports advanced audio functions and various high-speed interfaces, making it ideal for a wide range of consumer and industrial applications. BD71850MWV integrates all power rails required by the processor as well as power supplies for DDR and common system IO.
The PMIC is designed with DC/DC converters with 95% efficiency and a programmable power sequencer for flexible power control and management, seamless hardware control interface to i.MX 8M Nano, buffered sleep clock, protection functions, etc. The high level of integration, customizations for i.MX 8M Nano applications processors, and programmability help to shorten development time, to lower system BOM cost and to minimize the solution footprint. For more information about the BD71850MWV, visit the official website of ROHM.