Nuvoton Technology Corporation has introduced a new NuMicro M2351SF chip, the first Arm Cortex M23 based MCU which is based on M2351 Series IoT security MCUs and Winbond TrustME W77F Secure Flash. The M2351SF has an improved security level that can provide secure storage for code and data for different applications. M2351SF uses Winbond’s Secure Flash solution to protect code and data of a microcontroller from reducing vulnerability exposures. The Secure Flash is an encrypted storage for valuable assets of applications such as biometric data, certificate authority(CA) data system log, etc. Apart from this M2351SF also uses a unique binding approach between the MCU and Secure Flash together with internal connecting by encrypted SPI bus interface to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability for digital assets of a microcontroller.
- Secure Storage Security
- 4 Mbyte Flash memory density
- Package dimension is the same with M2351 Series (LQFP-64)
- Countermeasures against a side-channel attack, unauthorized operations against attacks of reply, rollback, man-in-the-middle, sniffer, and fault injection during data transferring between the MCU and Flash memories
- TrustZone Security and Low Power
- TrustZone for Armv8-M based on Cortex-M23 CPU
- Low-power consumption with LDO or DC-DC power supply
The M2351SF remains to keep all the security features with the M2351 Series, covering Armv8-M TrustZone, Execute Only Memory (XOM), Cryptographic Hardware Accelerators, Secure Debug, system-level tamper detection pins, and all software tools for application development are same with M2351 Series. The MCU system developers can easily design applications for security assurance demanding markets like Secure Industries, Smart Home, Smart City, and Smart Things as well as any other potential embedded devices
The M2351 Series has been in volume production with LQFP-128, LQFP-64, and QFN-33 packages. The M2351SF chip in the LQFP-64 package is also available in the same dimension of M2351 with pin-to-pin compatibility. For more information about the NuMicro M2351 series Visit the official website of Nuvoton Technology Corporation.