NXP has announced the availability of its GreenBox vehicle electrification development platform. GreenBox allows automakers and suppliers to begin early development of next-generation hybrid and electric vehicle applications on NXP’s S32 automotive processing multicore platform based on Arm Cortex technology. GreenBox provides a high-performance processing platform to design and test new control algorithms and energy management tasks critical for next-generation hybrid and fully-electric vehicles.
GreenBox is one of the development platforms for NXP’s next generation S32 electrification MCUs, which are part of the S32 automotive processing platform that is built around a safe, secure and fault-tolerant configuration. The S32 electrification MCUs will address the increasingly intensive computation and memory requirements for tomorrow’s HEV/EV applications. Using the GreenBox development environment, developers can also tap into the mix of high-performance and highly optimized peripherals, including advanced timers, motor control peripherals and analog sub-systems to interface with their own development hardware.
GreenBox is available in two configurations. The first is for development of fully-electric vehicles and supports motor control and battery management capabilities. The second is for development of hybrid applications, which supports both electric vehicle features as well as traditional engine control capabilities.
About the GreenBox Vehicle Electrification Development Platform:
- Aimed at hybrid, electric and internal combustion propulsion, including traction motors, motor control units, battery management systems, hybrid/vehicle control units and integrated DC/DC converters
- Hardware development board with Arm Cortex-based development environment
- Peripheral board optimized for either Hybrid/internal combustion or motor control/battery management applications
- Includes AUTOSAR operating system and MCAL drivers
- Developers have access to S32 Design Studio IDE
- Simple out-of-the box experience includes a Quick Start Guide and application code with basic control examples
NXP GreenBox Is Now Available: GreenBox electrification development platform is available in limited quantities to Alpha customers. Contact sales person for more information.