Vishay Intertechnology, Inc has introduced MKP385e, a new series of Automotive Grade AC and pulse metalized polypropylene film capacitors for hybrid and electric vehicles. These capacitors have a maximum operating temperature of 125°C (Observing voltage derating) and they ensure compliance with IEC 60384-17 and AEC-Q200 Revision D. These new radial potted capacitors are designed to ensure the delivery of high and stable pulse strength and ripple current capabilities over a long service life even under harsh environmental conditions. The capacitors with a voltage rating of 630 VDC and below features mono construction, whereas the devices with voltage above 630 VDC offer a series of film construction.
Features of MKP385e Series Capacitors:
- Available in eight rated voltages from 400 VDC to 2500 VDC.
- Capacitance ranges from 0.001µF to 15µF.
- Maximum operating temperature: 125°C
- Withstands Temperature Humidity Bias (THB) testing of 60°C
- 93% RH for 56 days at rated voltage
- Low Equivalent Series Resistance (ESR) of 4mΩ
- High ripple current capabilities up to 19.3A.
- RoHS compliant and the device can be customized on request
With compact packaging and increased density, the robust device is suitable for applications like on-board and inductive charging, battery management, and keyless systems, snubbering, resonant converters, and power supplies. Samples and production quantities of the MKP385e series are available now, with a lead time of 10 to 13 weeks. For more information about the MKP385e series, visit the product page on the official website of Vishay inter technologies.