Traco Power released a new TRI series of DC/DC converters offered in compact DIP-24 (3-10 Watt) or 2”x1” (15-20 Watt) packages. The TRI line features a sophisticated reinforced isolation system which is able to withstand high test voltages (9000 VDC for 1s and 5000 VAC for 60s) and working voltages (1000 VACrms). Complementing this isolation feature is a high Common Mode Transient Immunity of 15 kV/µs. The TRI series DC/DC converter provides protection against overload, overvoltage and short circuit.
The TRI series DC/DC converter features a new design which allow to fully integrate an EN 55032 class A filter and greatly reduces the no-load power consumption. Providing high efficiencies up to 90%, the converters allow safe operation from –40°C to +85°C. All models in the TRI series come in a wide 2:1 input voltage range and precisely regulated, isolated output voltages. The TRI line comes with the latest IT safety certifications (IEC/EN/UL 62368-1) which makes it an ideal choice for applications in the industrial, transportation and instrumentation sectors.
Features of TRI series DC/DC Converters:
- Reinforced I/O-isolation 5000 VAC rated for 1000 VAC working voltage
- Ultra-high isolation peak voltage 9000 VDC (1s)
- Common Mode Transient Immunity (dv/dt) 15 kV/µs
- Operating temperature range -40 to +85 °C
- Low no-load power consumption 96 – 480 mW (model dependent)
- Internal EN 55032 class A filter
- 2:1 input voltage range: 4.5-9, 9-18, 18-36, 36-75 VDC
The TRI series is available now with 3-year product warranty from Traco Power. For more information check the Traco Power website.