Diodes Incorporated has released a piezoelectric sounder driver, PAM8907 for maximizing sound pressure level (SPL) delivery from a ceramic/piezo sounder. Optimized to be used in wireless trackers, industrial alarm systems, medical equipment, and domestic appliances, the device supports a wide 1.8V to 5.5V input voltage range. The built-in boost converter enables it to extend SPL in battery-powered systems and offers longer runtimes compared to similar sounder drivers available.
The customers can select 22VPP or 31VPP output value (using the GPIO) and get two different SPL options for optimized SPL performance or battery runtime. The integrated boost converter requires only a 1.0µH external inductor and helps in reducing the bill-of-materials costs and board space. With automatic shutdown and wake-up functions, the runtime of PAM8907 sounder driver can be extended when incorporated into battery-powered systems, with less than 1μA of current drawn in shutdown mode. It also features thermal shutdown protection, over-current protection, over-voltage protection, and under-voltage-lockout protection to assure safe system operation. Moreover, it operates across a -40°C to +125°C ambient temperature range.
Key Features of PAM8907 Piezoelectric Sounder Driver
- Supply Voltage Range from 1.8V to 5.5V
- Intergraded Boost Converter VOUT = 11V or 15.6V
- Drive Piezo Sounder with up to 31VPP
- High-Speed Driver Designed with Very Short Turn-On/Turn-Off
- No Voltage Cross Output at Shutdown Mode
- High Impendence Output at Shutdown Mode
- Low Current Consumption, with Shutdown Current < 1μA
- Automatic Shutdown and Wake-Up Control
- Available in Space-Saving U-QFN2020-10 package
- Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant
- Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device
The PAM8907 sound driver is available in a compact 10-pin U-QFN2020 package for $0.43 in 3000 piece quantities.