The new RAA2S425x product Family from Renesas Electronics integrates multiple analog and digital functions to reduce design time and costs of xEV/EV/FCEV pressure sensing braking, transmission, and HVAC systems. Designed for automotive pressure sensing systems, these new devices feature significantly ease the design cycle and reduce customers' system BOM and production costs.
The ICs in the RAA2S425x Family extend analog sensor offset compensation (XSOC), adjustable to nearly all resistive bridges and delivering pressure and temperature readings with high accuracy (0.35% - 1.0%) over a wide temperature range (-40°C to 150°C). These communicate digitally with calibration equipment, reducing noise sensitivity and this digital calibration enables customers to keep assembly costs low since it doesn't require trimming of sensing elements.
The ICs integrate a 16-bit embedded RISC microcontroller that provides digital compensation of offset, sensitivity, temperature drift, nonlinearity and has highly-reliable non-volatile memory (NVM) to store calibration coefficients and configuration data in harsh automotive environments. Additionally, RAA2S425x is an optimal solution for safety and harsh automotive applications with integration of overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry, ASIL-B compliance according to ISO26262, excellent electromagnetic compatibility, and multiple superior diagnostic features.
Key Features of RAA2S425x Family ICs
- Capable of measuring one full resistive bridge sensor signals
- Temperature measurement using external diode/PTC/TCR or internal (PTAT) sensor
- Large sensor offset correction using analog offset compensation and digital zooming with up to 18-bit resolution
- The higher digital resolution, fast OUR output update rate by ADC & sharp roll-off by digital LPF
- Ability to cover large sensor span & high accuracy (0.35% - 1.0%) over the entire temp. range (-40°C to 150°C)
- Qualified according to AEC-Q100 Grade 0
- Optimized for the harsh automotive environment
- Over-voltage and reverse polarity protection ±40V, robust EMC performance, and multiple diagnostic features
- Minimal EOL (end-of-line) production costs during mass production
- QFN-24 as a package option
- Analog output
The RAA2S425x devices in 4mm x 4mm QFN-24 packages with wettable flanks are available from the company website.