Dialog Semiconductor has released a new line of highly efficient, high-current, automotive-grade, step-down DC-DC (Buck) converters. The family of highly integrated DA913X-A devices ensures a low system BoM cost and reduced solution footprint as these require just a few external components, unlike the competing solutions that are already in the market.
The DA913X-A family comprises of three devices configured as single-or dual-output buck converters viz.
- DA9130-A that operates as a single-channel, dual-phase buck converter, delivering up to a 10 A output current
- DA9131-A that integrates two single-phase buck converters, each delivering up to 5 A output current.
- DA9132-A that integrates two single-phase buck converters, each delivering up to 3 A output current.
All devices have an input voltage range of 2.5 V to 5.5 V and an output voltage range of 0.3 V to 1.9 V. This makes them suitable for a wide variety of low-voltage systems. Output voltages above 1.9V are supported with an external resistor divider.
All three devices operate at efficiency levels above 90%, thereby reducing the thermal design challenges for powering high-current rails in a wide range of automotive systems, including infotainment, navigation, telemetry, and Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
Key Features of DA913X-A Devices
- Remote sensing: This guarantees the highest accuracy and supports multiple PCB routing scenarios without loss of performance.
- Fully programmable soft-start: This feature helps in limiting the in-rush current from the input to give a slope-controlled output voltage.
- Dynamic voltage control (DVC): It enables adaptive adjustment of the supply voltage dependent on the load. This feature helps in increasing efficiency when the downstream circuitry enters low power or idle mode, thereby resulting in power savings.
- Configurable GPIOs: These support a range of features including I2C, DVC, and Power Good indicator.
- Optimized BoM cost and footprint: Each output requires a very small inductor and capacitor.
All the devices of the DA9130X-A family are AEC-Q100 Grade 2 qualified and are available in a 3.3mm x 4.8mm, a 24-pin FC-QFN wettable flank package. Besides, the industrial/commercial grade versions are also available.