Renesas Electronics has made a new addition to its family of 8.2mm creepage photocouplers with the introduction of three new IGBT drivers and IPM driver to reduce PCB mounting area by 35% to maximize board space in industrial automation and solar inverter applications. The RV1S9231A 2.5A output IGBT driver, RV1S9207A 0.6A output IGBT driver, and RV1S9209A active high output IPM driver measure 2.5mm x 2.1mm and come housed in low-profile LSSO5 packages with 0.65mm pin pitch.
These devices deliver 5,000 Vrms isolation voltage and support high-temperature operation up to 125°C to withstand harsh operating environments. The devices support 200V and 400V systems with reinforced insulation to meet stringent industrial safety standards, adhering to the strict UL61800-5-1 standards for motor drive equipment. The RV1S9209A, RV1S9231A, and RV1S9207A photocouplers are available from Renesas’ worldwide distributors.
Key Features of RV1S92xxA Family
- Small and long creepage (8.2 mm MIN, LSSO5)
- Totem pole output (Active High Output Type)
- Pulse width distortion (|tPLH -tPHL| = 80 ns MAX.)
- High common-mode transient immunity (CMH, CML = ± 50 kV/μs MIN.)
- Operating Ambient Temperature (125 °C MAX.)
- High isolation voltage (BV = 5000 Vr.m.s.)
- Embossed tape product: RV1S9209ACCSP-10Yx#KC0 : 3500 pcs/reel
- Pb-Free product