STMicroelectronics has come up with the high-performing Arm Cortex-M general-purpose MCUs with embedded Flash that brings high-end features such as rich graphics, AI, and state-of-the-art cyber-protection to cost-sensitive new products. The new STM32H7 MCUs introduced are the STM32H723/733, STM32H725/735, and STM32H730 Value-Line MCUs.
Aided by features such as the Flexible Memory Controller (FMC) and Octal SPI memory interface, the Arm Cortex-M7-based STM32H7 MCUs leverage ST’s Non-Volatile-Memory (NVM) technology delivering up to 2778 CoreMark1 and 1177 DMIPS are realized whether working from internal or external memory.
With these STM32H7 MCUs, designers can easily tackle applications that take up a large memory space such as high-resolution, full-color graphics and video that demand a large frame buffer to create new products that deliver more sophisticated and immersive user experiences.
The new MCUs operate at 550 MHz and are available with up to 1 Mbyte of Flash, thereby delivering enhanced performance with affordability. Additionally, the MCUs can interact with off-chip storage and ensure full execution performance and security. Condition monitoring and other machine learning techniques that also help in bringing added value to the STM32-based product can be done by connecting STM32H7 MCUs to one or multiple sensors.
These MCUs are also supported in the STM32Cube ecosystem, which comprises tools, embedded software, and middleware including graphics libraries, communication stacks, and application-code examples such as motor control, AI, and advanced security. Besides, the TouchGFX graphic framework STM32Cube Expansion Package (X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX) and TouchGFX Designer programming tool are also made available for free to help create full-color user interfaces.
As put in by the Group Vice President from STMicroelectronics, the STM32H7 MCUs enable small, low-power products to deliver extraordinary functionality and performance, while leveraging the outstanding value and efficiency of the STM32 family.
Key Features of Arm Cortex-based STM32H7 MCUs
- 32 Kbytes I-cache and D-cache sizes
- Tightly coupled instruction RAM (ITCRAM) with remapping for zero-latency in time-critical routines
- ST’s proven FMAC (filtering) and Cordic (trigonometric) blocks for mathematical acceleration
- Crypto algorithms supported
- Advanced analog peripherals including two 16-bit ADCs and one 12-bit ADC in the low-power domain
- Interfaces to popular industrial connectivity standards, including three FD-CAN ports, Ethernet, and Parallel Synchronous Slave Interface (PSSI)
- ST’s Chrom-ART Accelerator for superior graphics performance
The new STM32H7 MCUs are available in various package options and prices start from $2.83 for the STM32H730VBT6, for orders of 10,000 pieces.