Suitable for military and industrial systems, the new SA65 Chip Scale Atomic Clock (CSAC) from Microchip enables designers to meet wide operating temperatures, fast warm-up, and improved frequency stability requirements in extreme environments. Featuring ultra-high precision and low power consumption, this new device is form-, fit- and function-compatible with the SA.45s, and helps in improving performance and environmental insensitivity.
The SA65 CSAC is an embedded timing solution with improved environmental ruggedness, has an operating temperature range of -40 to 80 degrees Celsius, and a storage temperature range of -55 to 105 oC. The warm-up time of two minutes at -40 oC is 33% faster than that of the SA.45s. It is the low-power commercial atomic clock that provides precise timing for portable and battery-powered applications requiring continuous operation and holdover in GNSS-denied environments.
This is a highly-portable solution for military applications such as Assured Position, Navigation and Timing (A-PNT) and command, control, communications, computers, cyber, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C5ISR) requiring precise frequencies generated by a low Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP) atomic clock.
Key Features of SA65 Chip Scale Atomic Clock
- -40°C to +80°C Operating Temperature
- -55°C to +105°C Storage Temperature
- 120 seconds Rapid Warm Up/Atomic Lock
- 3E-10 Tempco (-40°C to +80°C)
- 120mW power consumption
- 17cm3 volume
- 35g weight
- ±5.0E-11 accuracy at shipment
- 1.5 E-11 @1000s Short Term Stability (Allan Deviation)
- 9E-10 /mo Aging Rate (Typical)
- 10MHz square wave and 1PPS, both in a CMOS 0V to 3.3V format.
- 1 PPS input for synchronization
- RS-232 interface for monitoring and control
The CSAC family of atomic clocks is supported by Developer Kit 990-00123-000, as well as associated software, a user guide, and technical support. The Chip Scale Atomic Clock products are available for purchase on the company website.