Infineon Technologies AG has introduced a self-contained Raspberry Pi audio amplifier HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) board that offers high definition audio at boom box power levels in small form factors. The multi-level technology of the board delivers minimum size and consumption, state of the art power efficiency, and HD audio quality for Raspberry Pi users and makers.
The KIT_40W_AMP_HAT_ZW board is compatible with Rasberry Pi Zero W and Rasberry Pi3 and 4, and scores high output power in small form factor up to 40W instantaneous peak power at 4Ω. It leverages MERUS multilevel class D amplification enabled by the MERUS MA12070P amplifier which allows for a filter-free amplifier design that does not need to use a filter-coil at the output filter. With best-in-class efficiency, the solution delivers a playback time up to 20 hours with a 6700mAh power bank and there is no need for any additional power supplies other than a single 5V/2.5A USB power supply for both the Raspberry Pi and the HAT.
The board is compatible with the main Linux distribution such as Raspbian, Volumio, moOde Audio, or Justboom Player for a quick and easy audio system set-up. Dual-channel bridge-tied load (BTL) or single-channel parallel bridge-tied load (PBTL) configurations for Multiroom, TWS, or subwoofer applications are also possible.
Features of Raspberry Pi Audio Amplifier HAT Board
- Equipped with MERUSTM MA12070P proprietary multi-level amplifier
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi Zero Wireless
- Power input: 5V/2.5A- sourced from the same single supply as the Raspberry Pi
- No need for external or extra power supplies
- Up to 48KHz of sample rate and 24 bit of music playback
- Up to 40W instantaneous peak output power with the Raspberry Pi official 5V/2.5A supply
- Full hardware control, customization, and error monitoring trough Linux Alsamixer