The QML-Q qualified second-generation 256 kb STK14C88C and 1 Mb STK14CA8 non-volatile static nvSRAMs from Infineon Technologies offer high reliability in industrial and military applications. These new devices are qualified in 32 pins 300 mil dual-in-line ceramic packages for MIL-PRF-38535 QML-Q specifications (-55°C to 125°C).
Both 256 kb STK14C88C nvSRAMs and 1 Mb STK14CA8 nvSRAMs come with best-in-class SONOS non-volatile technology support demanding non-volatile code storage and data-logging applications in harsh environments, including aerospace and industrial applications. These 5 V and 3 V nvSRAMs support boot code, data logging, and calibration data storage for aerospace, communications, and navigation systems, in addition to industrial furnaces and railroad control systems.
Under normal operating conditions, nvSRAM works as a conventional asynchronous SRAM, and in the event of power failure, nvSRAM automatically saves a copy of the SRAM data into non-volatile memory, where the data is protected for over 20 years. The 256 kb STK14C88C and 1 Mb STK14CA8C nvSRAMs can be ordered now from the company website.
Features of STK14C88C and STK14CA8C nvSRAMs
- 35 ns access time
- Internally organized as 32K × 8
- Hands-off automatic STORE on power-down with only a small capacitor
- STORE to QuantumTrap nonvolatile elements initiated by software, device pin, or auto store
- on power-down
- RECALL to SRAM initiated by software or power-up
- Infinite read, write, and RECALL cycles
- 1 million STORE cycles to QuantumTrap
- 32-pin CDIP package