Two new voltage translators namely PI4ULS5V108Q and PI4ULS5V02Q have been introduced by Diodes Incorporated for flexible and high-speed operation in automotive applications. These devices are suitable for environments with ambient temperatures up to 125°C and are designed for usages in Advance Driver Assistance System (ADAS), infotainment and telematics equipment.
With the 8 Channel PI4ULS5V108Q, the designers can ensure fast exchanges across SPI or other interfaces with no limitation due to level shifting, enabling data transfers between system-on-chip (SOC) and peripheral components to be executed with optimum efficiency.
Features of PI4ULS5V108Q:
- Supports Up to 100MHz Up Translation and greater than 100MHz Down Translation at ≤ 30pF Cap Load and Up to 40MHz Up/Down Translation at 50pF Cap Load
- Supports Hot Insertion
- Allow Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translation Between
- 0.95V - 1.8/2.5/3.3/5V
- 1.2V - 1.8/2.5/3.3/5V
- 1.8V - 2.5/3.3/5V
- 2.5V - 3.3/5V
- 3.3V - 5V
- Low Standby Current
- 5V Tolerance I/O Port to Support TTL
- -40°C to 125°C Operating Temperature Range
- Low Ron Provides Less Signal Distortion
- High-Impedance I/O pins for EN = Low
The 2 channel PI4ULS5V202Q has an internal 10KΩ pull-up resistor that helps in direct connection to interface with an open-drain topology such as I2C ports. The large maximum voltage translation range of 1.2V to 5.5V provides flexibility to work with a wide variety of I2C chips and circuit designs. The device has a fast rise and fall time due to high-speed one-shot detectors at the IC inputs and is able to support data rates of up to 20Mbps.
Features of PI4ULS5V202Q:
- High-speed with 2 Mb/s Data Rate for push-pull application
- High-speed with 2 Mb/s Data Rate for open-drain application
- 1.2V to 5.5V on A Port and 1.2V to 5.5V on B port
- No Direction-Control signal needed
- Low bit-to-bit skew
- Non-preferential power-up sequencing
- ESD protection exceeds 8KV HBM per JESD22-A114
- Integrated 10KΩ pull-up resistors
Both devices share some common features like compatibility with push-pull or open-drain connections for delivering the convenience of a single part number to address multiple applications. They also deliver bidirectional flexibility and automatic direction sensing simplifies level shifting between the bus interface, such as SMBus, PMBus or I2C device as they eliminate the requirement for a direction control signal.
Both devices are AEC-Q100 grade 1 qualified, PPAP capable, and in production at IATF 16949 certified sites. The PI4ULS5V108Q and PI4ULS5V202Q are available now in the TSSOP-20 and MSOP-8 packages, respectively. For more details about PI4ULS5V108Q and PI4ULS5V202Q visit the product page on the official website of diodes incorporated.