Melexis has developed the new MLX90510 inductive interface IC that enables high speed resolver minimizing the ECU effort required to get the best accuracy under extreme mechanical and electrical conditions. This IC is designed for demanding high speed sensing applications with EMC and safety requirements and is intended for use in e-motor (e-axle), e-brake booster, and e-power steering applications.
This sensor IC is AEC-Q100 qualified for extended temperature operation from -40°C to +160°C and offers exceptional accuracy <+/-0.36° at up to 240,000 e-rpm. With its overvoltage and reverse polarity protection (+/-24V on the supply and +/-18V on the outputs) the MLX90510 IC features excellent robustness against electrical challenges.
- High accuracy: Maximum ±0.36° el up to 240000 e-rpm (electrical rpm)
- Immune to magnetic stray fields (ISO 11452-8)
- ISO 26262 ASIL C SEooC (Safety Element out of Context)
- High-speed inductive resolver operational up to 660000 e-rpm
- Differential sine and cosine analog outputs
- System propagation delay variation < ±120 ns
Supporting multiple sensing modes for both on-axis and off-axis operation, this IC maximises flexibility in inductive coil designs to serve the most demanding mechanical constraints and works in combination with a set of PCB based coils whose scalable design can be easily adapted to the number of pole pairs of the motor.