Diodes Incorporated has introduced the AP62600, a Synchronous DC-DC buck converter that delivers up to 6A of output current from a supply voltage of 4.5V to 18V. The converter can be used for point-of-load (POL) conversion in applications such as TVs, monitors, white goods, home appliances, consumer electronics, and large-scale integrated circuits. The device incorporates integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs with 36mΩ and 14mΩ on-resistance, respectively.
Features of AP62600 Synchronous Buck Converter
- VIN: 4.5V to 18V
- Output Voltage (VOUT): 0.6V to 7V
- 6A Continuous Output Current
- 0.6V ± 1% Reference Voltage
- 360μA Quiescent Current
- Selectable Switching Frequency: 400kHz, 800kHz, and 1.2MHz
- Selectable Operation Modes: Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM), Ultrasonic Mode (USM)
and Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Proprietary Gate Driver Design for Best EMI Reduction
- Power-Good Indicator
- Precision Enable Threshold to Adjust UVLO
- Protection Circuitry: Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO), Cycle-by-Cycle Valley Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown
AP62600 has been designed with a high level of feature integration, it delivers best-in-class EMI performance in a 2mm x 3 mm package, this makes it suitable for the smallest of products. The AP62600 has a power-good indicator that alerts the user if there is any fault condition. The device also has a programmable soft startup mode that controls the inrush current during power-up, this enables the designers to implement power sequencing when using multiple AP62600s to supply large integrated devices, such as FPGAs, ASICs, DSPs, and microprocessors.