Infineon Technologies have introduced OPTIREG TLS715B0NAV50, a flip chip-based linear voltage regulator. With flip-chip technology, the ICs are installed upside down in the package so that the heated part of the IC will be facing the bottom of the package. This way, the IC gets closer to the PCB, and hence the thermal inductance can be improved by a factor between 2 and 3. The high power density enables a significantly smaller footprint, almost 60% smaller than the other available linear voltage regulators, while the thermal resistance stays the same.
Features of TLS715B0NAV50
- Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.0 V to 40 V
- Output Voltage 5 V, Output Voltage Precision ±2%
- Output Current up to 150 mA
- Low Current Consumption of 36 μA
- Very Low Dropout Voltage of typically 180 mV at 100 mA Output Current
- Stable with Small Output Capacitor of 1 μF
- Enables Over-temperature Shutdown and Output Current Limitation
- Wide Temperature Range from -40°C up to 150°C
The Flip Chip technology was widely used in consumer and industrial markets for several years, Due to increasingly strict space requirements, they are introduced into the automotive electronics. TLS715B0NAV50 is particularly suitable for applications with very limited board space, such as radar and cameras. For more information about TLS715B0NAV50, visit the official website of Infineon technology.