STMicroelectronics has introduced the TDA7901 automotive amplifier which is a single-chip quad-bridge amplifier in advanced BCD technology integrating a full D/A converter, digital input for direct connection to I2S (or TDM), and powerful MOSFET output stages. The TDA7901 is suited to use in many in-vehicle information (IVI) systems, such as head units, smart cockpit systems, external amplifiers, and more.
In class-G operation, the TDA7901 buck controller automatically optimizes the voltage supplied to the bridge-tied load (BTL) power stage depending on the audio-signal level. Integrating the buck controller in the IC contributes to reducing system size and weight. It also cuts the bill of materials, simplifies circuit design, and saves developing firmware to control the voltage rail.
- AEC-Q100 qualification ongoing
- 24-bit resolution
- High Resolution Bandwidth support
- 117 dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- Real-time load current monitoring
- Voltage monitoring feature on I2C
- High Efficiency SB-I (SB-Improved) and Class-G operation
- 1 Ω driving capability
- High output power capability Flexible mode control
- EMI compliance evaluated following normative CISPR25
- Start-stop compatibility (operation down to 4.5 V)
- Sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz
- Flexible serial data port (1.8 V/3.3 V)
With its I2S digital input and intelligent quad-BTL output, the TDA7901 delivers 4x 43W of audio power (at 4Ω load, saturated output at 14.4V). The amplifier has 80kHz bandwidth to handle high-definition audio. Its wide supply-voltage range, spanning 4.5V-18.5V, prevents disruption by start-stop engine operation and general automotive electrical transients.