Diodes Incorporated has announced a new switching IC called AP22913, a 2A single-channel slew rate controlled load switch (MOSFET) with true reverse current blocking (TRCB) for high side load switching applications. It provides an effective way of applying or removing power to a load, especially the USB peripherals.
Due to the large output capacitor (100µF) associated with the USB ports, the self-powered USB peripherals creates the possibilities of reverse current flowing from the load to source and this could possibly damage the other components or active cables. The AP22913 will remove the normal body diode unwanted current paths to provide a cost-effective and space-efficient solution to load switching.
Features of AP22913
- Load current of up to 2A.
- Wide operating voltage range from 1.4V to 5.5V.
- Quiescent current: 1µA.
- Ambient Temperature range: -40 to 85 °C
- Deliver a typical RDS (ON) of 92mΩ at 1.5V and 54mΩ at 5.0V.
- Has a maximum load handling capacity with a low forward voltage drop.
- Provides soft start for sensitive loads.
- Active high enable input to enable load switching.
- To ensure TRCB when disabled and in it’s off state, the VIN and VOUT terminals are completely isolated internally.
Note: More technical details can be found in this datasheet provided by Diodes Incorporated
The AP22913 is suited for a wide range of applications operating at 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5.5V such as smartphones, portable, wearable and medical devices, and navigation devices as well as notebooks and ultra mobile PCs. The AP22913 is available in two options: the AP22913CN4-7 in the X-WLB0909-4 package and the AP22913W6-7 in the SOT26 package. For more details and datasheet visit the product page on the official website of Diode incorporated.