Melexis has announced the release of a 20 W low noise single-coil fan and pump driver, MLX90412-L for automotive applications. This all-in-one single-coil fan and pump driver IC comes with a peak driving capability of 2.2 A and ideal to be used in air pumps, water pumps, axial fans, seat blower, DCDC converter, HV inverter (IGBT/SIC cooling), radial and cross blower applications.
Operating on a voltage ranging from 3.5 V to 32 V, and robust up to 40 V, the MLX90412-L works well in any fan, blower, or pump applications operating on 12 V (automotive) and 24 V (trucks) board nets. Besides, it is suitable for driving loads from 0.1 W up to 20 W.
The device is AECQ100 certified and it can be applied on the automotive battery without additional protection and survives load dump pulses up to 40 V. The operating junction temperature ranges from -40 °C to 150 °C. It offers unprecedented acoustic noise/vibration performance and is one cost-effective alternative available in the market.
The closed-loop speed control and adaptive low noise commutation of the MLX90412-L pump driver enable high efficiency with the lowest acoustic noise. Additionally, the closed-loop speed control reduces the design effort to adjust existing fan- and pump-tooling to meet target operating points with high accuracy, and improve the response time to new end-customer requests. The MLX90412-L comes in a small Exposed pad DFN10 3x3 and is available for order.
Key Features of MLX90412-L Pump Driver
- All-in-one fan driver, including high-sensitivity Hall-effect sensor
- Up to 2.2 A motor current
- Adaptive commutation for best in class efficiency over the full speed range for any fan design
- Commutation options (Maximum torque and Very low acoustic noise)
- PWM control input - Standby mode, Open-loop / closed-loop speed control (+/-1.5%)
- Protections and diagnostics - Locked Rotor Protection (LRP) (Programmable), Temperature Shutdown (TSD), Over Voltage Protection (OVP) (Programmable), Short circuit protection (OCP), Current limit (CL), FG/RD open-drain diagnostics output (Programmable) k Certifications, UL/VDE/CE ready, JEDEC qualified package
- I2C programming - Fast prototyping, End-of-line programming
- Package Exposed pad DFN10 3x3 with wettable flanks - small (9mm2) footprint, for minimal PCB size - <1mm height.