Renesas Electronics Corporation has announced the SmartBond DA1470x Family of Bluetooth low energy (LE) solutions that integrate a power management unit, a hardware voice activity detector (VAD), a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU), and Bluetooth LE connectivity all into a single chip. This combined functionality provides smart IoT devices with the most advanced sensor and graphical capabilities and seamless, ultra-low-power, always-on audio processing.
This new family is ideal for wearables like smartwatches and fitness trackers, glucose monitor readers and other consumer medical and healthcare devices, home appliances with displays, industrial automation and security systems, and Bluetooth consoles such as e-bikes and gaming equipment. The high level of integration further results in significant cost savings on the Bill of Materials (BoM), enabling cost-effective system solutions.
Key Features of DA1470x Wireless SoCs
- Multi core system – Arm Cortex-M33 processor as the main application core and Cortex -M0+ as the sensor node controller.
- Integrated 2D GPU & Display controller supporting DPI, JDI parallel, DBI and Single/Dual/Quad SPI interfaces.
- Configurable MAC supporting Bluetooth LE 5.2 and proprietary 2.4 GHz protocols.
- Integrated 720mA JEITA-compliant USB charger supports rechargeable Li-ion/Li-Po batteries.
- Integrated low quiescent current SIMO DC/DC converter of the PMU efficiently supplies internal system and external components
- Ultra-low-power hardware VAD enables seamless and always on audio processing
The DA1470x Family consists of four new devices and all of them are in mass production and widely available now.