Renesas Electronics Corporation released the RX72T Group of 32-bit Motor Control MCUs (Microcontrollers) with dedicated hardware accelerator IP to perform complex, high-speed computations required for motor control in robots and other industrial equipment. The RX72T Group achieves Highest CoreMark Benchmark Level for 5V MCUs operating at 200 MHz with a score of 1160 as measured by EEMBC Benchmark. This makes it to deliver superior performance optimized for industrial robotics and motor control.
The dedicated accelerator hardware leads to the high-speed position control and speed control calculations required for implementing servo motor control in compact industrial robots. The MCUs also feature 200 MHz PWM inverter control timers with up to 4 channels of 3-phase control, 2 channels of 5-phase control or 10 channels of single-phase control. The register bank save function increases the speed and precision of interrupt handling, improving the device computation performance. The RX72T also comes with hardware-based system failsafe functions and a hardware cryptography module that can be used to encrypt/decrypt communications data.
Key Features of the RX72T Group of MCUs
- RXv3 Core 200 MHz operation (5.8 CoreMark/MHz)
- 2.7 to 5.5 V operation
- Operating Temperature -40 to 105 °C
- Program Flash up to 1 MB, SRAM up to 128 KB
- Trusted Secure IP Lite (AES/TRNG)
- Dedicated accelerator
- RXv3 register bank save function
- Arithmetic unit for trigonometric functions
- Enhanced Analog
- 12-bit A/D Converter x 30 channels for 3 units , 12-bit D/A Converter x 2 channels
- 6-channels of Comparators and 6-channels of Pseudo-Differential PGA
The RX72T MCUs will be available in mass production quantities beginning Q4 2019 with 512 KB flash, 100-pin R5F572TFBDFP device will be priced at US$4.06 in 10,000-unit quantities. The price can vary based on memory and pin-count configuration.