The Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the P9415-R, a 15W wireless power receiver that features up to 5W of transmit power capability in transmitter/receiver (TRx) mode and receives up to 15W on Qi transmitters. The new wireless power receiver has been designed with Renesas’ exclusive WattShare technology and it enables quick and convenient charging of mobile devices.
Features of P9415-R Wireless Power Receiver
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- GUI supports offering greater flexibility for user customization
- Receives up to 30W in proprietary mode
- UVLO as low as 2.7V for increased available charging area and fast connections
- Improved IOUT sensing accuracy for improved foreign object detection capabilities
- Supports an easier path to QI certification and speeds time to market
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- X-Y alignment circuitry for better receiver/transmitter device alignment
- WPC 1.3 ready – Renesas’ first WPC 1.3-ready wireless power receiver
The Properties of WattShare technology provide both transmitting and receiving capability to the P9415-R, which allows the smartphones, smartwatches, truly wireless earbuds, and other devices to be wirelessly charged simply by placing them on top of a smartphone or other industrial and medical portable devices.
The P9415-R can change the power flow direction of the mobile devices when operating in a WattShare TRx mode, enabling the devices to deliver up to 5W power to charge other devices. Customers can use the same wireless power coil and the same P9415 circuitry to both receive and transmit power wirelessly.