Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced a new Group within its 32-bit RA Family of microcontrollers which is based on the latest Arm Cortex-M23 core and is designed to address the needs of demanding IoT endpoint applications, including wearables, medical devices, appliances and industrial automation. The new 48-MHz RA2E2 Group offers a unique combination of extremely low power consumption and space-saving packaging options including a tiny 16-pin WLCSP device measuring only 1.87 x 1.84 mm. Moreover, the RA2E2 Group includes nine different devices, spanning from 16-pin to 24-pin packages, and from 16KB to 64KB of flash memory along with 8KB of SRAM.
These new MCUs support an extremely wide temperature range of -40/+125°C and consume only 81uA/MHz in active mode with software standby current of 200nA. These devices include 2KB of data flash memory and offer an I3C bus interface, delivering high-speed communications of 4.6 Mbps while significantly reducing power consumption.
Key Features of RA2E2 MCUs
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M23 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 16KB to 64KB; 8KB RAM, and 2K data flash
- Package options from a tiny 16-WLCSP to 20- and 24-pin QFN
- Low power operation: 81uA/MHz in active mode with software standby current of only 200nA with fast wakeup
- I3C bus interface for higher communication speed
- Support for wide temperature range: Ta = -40/+125°C for harsh IoT operating environments
- Security features including cryptography accelerator, TRNG and memory protection units
- Wide operating voltage range of 1.6V to 5.5V
The RA2E2 Group is now available and delivers leading security features, including a cryptography accelerator (AES256/128), a True Random Number Generator (TRNG) and memory protection units.