Toshiba Electronics has launched two models of three-phase brushless motor controller ICs comes with Toshiba’s new InPAC control technology which eliminates phase adjustments and bring off high level efficiency at a wide range of motor rotation speeds. The first model “TC78B041FNG” comes in an SSOP30 package whereas second model “TC78B042FTG” features a VQFN32 package. Featuring InPAC technology, Toshiba has pushed the controller ICs for application areas such as home appliances (air-conditioners and air purifiers) and industrial equipment.
The InPAC control technology also adjusts the phase of the hall signal and motor current automatically. Also it secures both high efficiency fan motor drive as well as sine wave drive that reduces noise. The new controller ICs drive motor with an efficiency equivalent to that of an MCU control system, over a wide range of rotation speeds. Along with this, the development time for software and MCU adjustment is significantly eliminated as phase adjustment is performed automatically with simple settings which streamlines applications.
- Secures high-level efficiency for a wide range of rotation speeds without any need for phase adjustment.
Simple phase adjustment of the Hall signal and output current realizes high efficiency driving.
Low noise and low vibration
- Use of a sine wave drive system with a smooth current waveform reduces noise, and generates less noise and vibration than motors with a rectangular wave drive system.
- TC78B042FTG adopts a VQFN32 (5mm x 5mm x 1mm) package that can be mounted in limited spaces. The popular SSOP30 package is also available as TC78B041FNG.
- Supply voltage (operating range) : 6V to 16.5V
- Driving method: Sine-wave drive
- Operating Temperature (0C) : (-40) – (115)