STMicroelectronics has unveiled new microcontrollers designed for the coming electrified drivetrains and domain-oriented, over-the-airupdateable systems that are the foundation of the next generation of EVs. ST’s new Stellar P automotive MCUs are the industry’s first qualifiable devices for model year 2024 vehicles to integrate the new CAN-XL in-car communication standard. This technology enables the new vehicle platforms to handle growing data flows so the car can operate at peak performance.
Embedding a non-volatile phase-change memory of up to 20 Mbytes, Stellar P integration MCUs deliver fast read access times and enable the innovative dual-image storage feature for best-in-class over-the-air (OTA) updates. With its unique dual-image storage feature, Stellar P microcontrollers can store up to 2x 20 Mbytes for OTA reprogramming purposes, providing significant savings in terms of memory needs.
- Superior real-time performance at lowest power
- Hardware-enabled software isolation/virtualization
- Best-in-class over-the-air update
- State-of-the-art safety measures for efficient ISO 26262 ASIL-D implementation
- EVITA Full HSM enhanced with high-speed cryptographic services and safe network authentication
- Advanced timers - including GTM4 – with fast analog capability and embedded advanced signal processing, dedicated sensor/actuator interfaces, and high-temperature support (up to junction temperature of 165°C),
- High-bandwidth Ethernet options and new high-performance CAN XL protocol (on Stellar P6) to ensure low-latency high-safety communication among domains and in the peripheral actuation ECUs of the vehicle
- 28nm FD-SOI technology delivers a quasi-immunity to radiations
Samples of Stellar P6 are available now for model-year 2024 vehicles.