Renesas Electronics has introduced a 60W wireless power receiver, P9418 to deliver faster wireless charging experiences, best thermal performance, and best-in-class current sense accuracy in a high power density solution. Featuring Renesas’ WattShare technology, this highly integrated IC enables quick and convenient charging for a variety of portable computing devices.
Available in an ultra-small 70-WLCSP package, the P9418 IC comes with smart features like Multiple-time programmable (MTP) non-volatile memory to easily update control firmware and device functions. Additionally, it includes over-temperature and voltage protection features too. The 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor offers a high level of programmability and consumes extremely low standby power thereby managing the fault conditions associated with power transfer. The processor also controls GPIOs to indicate operating and fault modes.
The P9418 IC integrates a high-efficiency Synchronous Full Bridge Rectifier and control circuitry to modulate the load to send message packets to the Transmitter (Tx) and optimize power delivery. The device can easily be configured to receive or transmit an AC power signal through magnetic induction. It receives an AC power signal from a wireless transmitter and converts it into a rectified output voltage that can be used to power devices or supply the charger input in mobile applications.
Key Features of P9418 60W Wireless Power IC
- Single-chip WPC medium power wireless solution
- Delivers up to 60W as a receiver in the highest power density solution
- WattShare (TRx ) mode with up to 10W Tx capability
- Embedded 32-bit ARM Cortex-M0 processor
- Best-in-class IOUT current sensing accuracy for enhanced foreign object detection capabilities
- MTP non-volatile memory for easy firmware and device function updates
- Bi-directional communications to support proprietary authentication with encryption
- Supports I2C 400kHz standard interface and GPIOs
- WPC 1.2.4 compliant and various proprietary charging modes
The P9418 wireless charging receiver can also be combined with USB Type-C power delivery and battery charging solutions for accelerated development of applications. Users can check more details about the product and order it from the company website.