Sensirion introduces the SFM4300, a mass flow meter that has a newly developed flow channel geometry that can precisely measure oxygen (O2) and Laughing gas (N2O) along with air. Compared with its predecessor, the SFM4100, the SFM4300 has improved sensitivity and is extremely precise while measuring mass flow even at low rates.
Features of SFM4300 Flow Meter:
- Compact and Pressure Resistant up to 6 bars
- Measurement range of up to 160 liters per minute
- Fast and accurate signal processing with 0.5ms processing time
- Reliable measurements with surges up to 8 bar
- Measures mass flow of up to 20slm
- Available with various mechanical Connections like down mount, Legris, 0-rings
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated output signal
- Digital I2C interface
The SFM4300 is suitable for the measurement of gas mixtures in medical-sector, due to its stable and reliable nature, these devices are primarily used in anesthesia and Vaporizer devices to ensure patient safety. They can also be used in welding applications, fuel cells, and other OEM applications. Samples of the mass flow meter SFM4300 are available for testing in initial larger projects. The sensor is expected to be launched on the market in the second quarter of 2020. The sensor will then be available worldwide via official Sensirion distributors. For information about the SFM4300 visit the product page on the official website of Sensirion.