Renesas Electronics Corporation has released a next-generation customer reference design P9261-3C-CRBv2 that enables automotive manufacturers to quickly and efficiently deliver premium performance and safety features for in-cabin wireless charging. Designed for automotive wireless charging stations, this solution includes wireless power controller P9261 with MP-A13 3-coils reference design as the wireless power transmitter (TX).
The new P9261-3C-CRBv2 design includes a Renesas RH850 automotive MCU as a host controller which enables the system to provide functional safety features that comply with Automotive Safety Integrity Level B (ASIL B). The reference design offers compliance to the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Qi 1.3 standard EPP (Extended Power Profile) for 15W charging. It also supports proprietary charging profiles and is capable of 50W power delivery.
- Complies with WPC Qi 1.3 standard for 15W charging
- Supports proprietary charging profiles, capable of 50W fast charging
- Functional safety with ASIL B compliance
- Large active charging area
- Best in class EMI performance, compliant to CISPR-25 standard
- Easy-to-use GUI-based design software includes settings for Renesas’ patented Foreign Object Detection (QFOD)
- Proprietary and Qi-compliant bi-directional Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK) and Frequency Shift Keying (FSK) communication
Moreover, the P9261-3C-CRBv2 EVK can be controlled and monitored in real-time by a graphical user interface (GUI). This GUI provides numerical readouts of key parameters, such as the selected coil, transmitter status, input voltage, buck output current, Tx power, and bridge voltage.