Infineon Technologies AG has expanded the LITIX Power family with the dual-channel, stand-alone DC-DC controller TLD6098-2ES that can drive a full LED headlamp by itself without an additional microcontroller and can also operate the four standard LED front light functions: High Beam (HB), Low Beam (LB), Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and Turn Signal (TURN). Moreover, LITIX Power products can be used as a voltage supply to meet the growing demand for animation in exterior LED lighting.
TLD6098-2ES multi-topology controller enables boost, buck, SEPIC, and flyback topologies and integrated PMOS gate drivers provide high-side load disconnection to dim the LED brightness and ensure adequate system reliability. This controller features an integrated spread spectrum modulator that improves the EMC performance to facilitate the system qualification at the customer site.
Each channel of TLD6098-2ES offers both analog and PWM dimming for precise LED brightness control. With the wide input voltage range of 4.5 V to 60 V, even 24 V battery system applications can be supported.
- Dual-channel peak current mode controller
- Each channel configurable in Boost, Buck, Buck-Boost, SEPIC and Flyback topology with constant output current/voltage
- Drives low-side external n-channel switching MOSFET from internal 5 V voltage regulator
- Flexible switching frequency range from 100 kHz to 500 kHz with spread spectrum modulator
- Synchronization with external clock source from 100 kHz to 500 kHz and 2.2 MHz
- Wide input voltage range from 4.5 V to 60 V
- Analog dimming and PWM dimming feature (embedded or external) to adjust average LED current
- Integrated PMOS gate drivers for PWM dimming and output disconnection
- Channels in phase opposition
- Automotive qualified