RAA215300 from Renesas is a new high-performance, low-cost 9-channel PMIC designed for 32-bit and 64-bit MCU and MPU applications. This highly integrated PMIC (Power Management IC) is optimized for RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L microprocessors (MPUs) designed for AI-enabled applications.
The new RAA215300 PMIC comes with a wide range of features including internally compensated regulators, built-in Real Time Clock (RTC), 32kHz crystal oscillator and coin cell battery charger that provide a highly integrated, small footprint power solution ideal for System-On-Module (SOM) applications. It includes six buck regulators, three LDOs and a coin cell/supercap charger and supports DDR3, DDR3L, DDR4 and LPDDR4 memory power interface. The high level of integration increases system reliability due to fewer system components needed on the board.
RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L MPUs when paired with the new RAA215300 PMIC can enhance the performance and offer ease of design. Additionally, the high integration and rich feature set makes it a great choice for consumer, industrial and SoM applications.
Key Features of RAA215300 PMIC
- Optimized for Renesas RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L, LC, UL MPUs
- Nine high-performance power channels
- Built-in power sequencer and support for external DC/DC regulator on/off controls
- Supports multiple DDR memories
- Built-in real-time clock and coin cell battery / super cap charger
- Supports -40°C to 105°C ambient temperature for industrial applications
- Supports single-cell Li-Ion battery applications
- Improves system power efficiency with VTT buck regulator instead of LDO
- Supports multiple processors and SoCs
- Spread Spectrum to reduce EMI for RF applications
- Ultrasonic Mode to eliminate audible noise coupling into microphones or speakers
- Built-in watchdog timer for secure system power up before any software is running
- Fully configurable with built-in EEPROM
The RAA215300 is available in an 8x8mm, 0.5mm pitch thermally enhanced 56 Ld QFN package, and is specified for operation across a -40°C to 105°C ambient and a -40°C to 125°C junction temperature range. Sample shipments of the RAA215300 PMIC are available from the company website and mass production is scheduled to begin in Q1 2022.