Toshiba Electronics released “TCD2569BFG" a lens reduction type, 5340-pixel by 3-line color CCD linear image sensor for office automation and industrial equipment that realizes 24 lines per millimeter resolution for an A4-size document. The TCD2569BFG linear image sensor can eliminate the horizontally streaked images without blooming of the sensor as conventional lens reduction type CCD linear image sensors were not able to achieve this. This leads to a same high image quality and high speed operation as A3-size models, especially for scanning objects other than documents, three-dimensional objects with very high reflectance and shiny objects.
The TCD2569BFG features high image quality with less color registration by reducing the spacing between pixel arrays (red-green, green-blue). Also a built-in sample and hold circuit helps lengthen the video output signal period of the sensor leading in easier design of high speed scanners for use in office automation equipment and industrial equipment. In addition to this, the “TCD2569BFG” comes with 4-volt saturation output voltage in the CCD shift register which significantly reduces blooming. The image sensor ensures maximum output signal voltage of 1.8 volts with clipping function which successfully prevents output signal voltage from exceeding the maximum input voltage range of the analog front-end IC.
- 2-line spacing between pixel arrays (red-green, green-blue)
- Longer video output signal period with built-in sample and hold circuit
- Maximum output signal voltage of 1.8 volts with clipping function
- Pixel Size: 5.25μm by 5.25μm
- Line Spacing (Line Distance): 2 line spacing (10.5μm)
- Effective Pixel Number: 5340 pixels by 3 lines
- Maximum Clock Pulse Frequency: 35MHz
- Sensitivity (A light source + CM500S): Red: 13.2 V/lx×s; Green:15.0V/lx×s; Blue: 5.9 V/lx×s
The Mass production shipments of TCD2569BFG start today and order can be placed at Toshiba.