Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation has launched new TC78B011FTG that is a three-phase brushless DC motor control pre-driver IC designed for high-speed motors, including those used in server fans and blowers, and in the suction motors of cordless and robot vacuum cleaners. Moreover, this IC adopts a sine-wave drive method that does not use Hall sensor control which helps to reduce vibration and noise.
This new IC features a built-in closed loop speed control function that allows a detailed speed profile to be programmed into the IC’s non-volatile memory (NVM), securing suppression of fluctuations in rotation speeds due to power supply voltage or load fluctuations without any need for an external MCU. It also realizes closed loop speed control function without an external microcontroller.
- Sine-wave drive
- Sensorless PWM drive
- Capable to drive Delta or Wye configured motors
- Operating voltage: 5.5 to 27V (absolute maximum rating: 30V)
- Predriver for high side and low side N-ch MOSFETs drive
- 8 selectable levels of gate drive current
- Built-in closed loop speed control with adjustable speed curve
- Motor speed control by analog voltage, PWM duty cycle, or I2C