MLX81117 from Melexis is the fully integrated smart multichannel RGB LED driver that supports MeLiBu high-speed communication license-free IP for automotive light animations. Integrated with high-speed communication interface IP, this multi-channel RGB LED driver maintains consistent color across all of the LEDs in the lightbar and implements simultaneous light changes in driver-assistance prompts, vehicle status updates, or advanced comfort functions like adaptive roof light.
The MLX81117 RGB LED driver IC also provides real-time compensation of any color drift caused by environmental changes and color-mixing accuracy with a delta UV of <0.01% to eliminate any distinguishable differences between LEDs. The device comes with CAN-FD physical layer that enables it to deliver robust and reliable performance at up to 2 Mbit speeds.
The MLX81117 LED driver IC comes with brightness control across a wide dimming range for enabling adjustments for natural light levels. It is compliant with SO 26262 functional safety requirements up to safety integrity level B (ASIL B) and its intelligent and high-resolution operation helps mitigate temperature-related color drift. Additionally, it delivers low EMI and high levels of immunity thereby enabling designers to meet EMC regulations.
Key Features of MLX81117 RGB LED Driver IC
- MCU for extended LED control algorithm, color mixing, and full diagnosis
- Red/Green and Blue LED temperature compensation without additional external components
- Color mixing accuracy of < 1% delta UV
- 16-bit color/intensity control
- Storage of LED calibration data directly within LED driver
- MeLiBu communication interface
- Real-time update of > 250 RGB LEDs without delay
- 5.5 - 18 V supply voltage (40 V proof)
- ASIL B classification
- QFN32 5x5 package, 32 pins
- 16 LED drivers