Sensirion introduced SLF3S-0600F Liquid Flow Sensor, a new sensor variant that can measure even the very low flow rates up to ±3000 µl/min for both water and hydrocarbon-based fluids in both directions. The SLF3x series combines the low flow rate sensing with radically optimized mechanical design, with this SLF3x takes the well-established functionality to the next level in the price-performance ratio. In combination with its excellent signal-to-noise ratio and the unprecedented turn-down ratio of 300:1, it allows real-time monitoring of any fluidic system, which improves process control and enables advanced failure detection
The new liquid flow sensors of the SLF3x series are based on Sensirion’s proven CMOSens Technology and optimize costs by simplifying the design without sacrificing the easy fluidic, electrical and mechanical connections. The straight and unobstructed flow channel have no moving parts; inert wetted materials provide outstanding chemical resistance and excellent media compatibility. The compact form factor and cost-effective design of the sensors allow system designs with one or more sensors that were previously unfeasible.
The sensor provides maximum safety, stability, and long-term reliability and allows monitoring the entire system operation and detecting common failure modes for a wide range of applications, including the fields of diagnostics, analytical instruments, and life sciences. The SLF3x allows their applications to achieve unparalleled fluid control, system reliability which results in new heights in performance and end-user satisfaction.
Features of SLF3x liquid flow sensors
- Highly integrated: Linearized, temperature-compensated and fully calibrated digital output signal (I2C) from a single chip
- Calibrated for water and IPA up to +/- 40 ml /min (SLF3S-1300F) or +/- 3000 µl/min (SLF3S-0600F)
- Turn down ratio 200:1 or better
- High-speed measurement: Response time below 20 ms
- Bidirectional measurement and real-time failure detection
- Easy fluidic and electrical integration via ¼″-28 flat-bottom ports and a standard connector
- Straight, unobstructed flow channel without moving parts
- Media isolated sensing principle: no direct sensor contact with the fluid
- Compact and light-weight form factor
- Chemically resistant wetted materials
The most common application of the new sensors includes failure detection and volume confirmation for diagnostics, cell analysis, and analytical instruments; Process control and monitoring for coating, additive, and reagent dispensing systems. For more information about the SLF3x liquid flow sensor, please visit our Website at www.sensirion.com/slf3