TT Electronics has announced the launch of new FlexSense series that consists of FS210 Transmissive Incremental Encoder and FS310 Reflective Incremental Encoder Sensors. This new revolutionary technology is designed to optimize and reduce the design complexities of optical encoder applications.
The FlexSense sensor integrates several key features including auto-alignment capability, a closed-loop LED driver, on-chip diagnostics, and a state-of-the-art 8x interpolator. The fully programmable array, system on chip (SOC) provides a versatile solution that can adapt to a multiple range of code-disk diameters and pulses per revolution as well as several LEDs.
- Incremental optical encoder sensor
- User-programmable photosensor pattern
- 2 quadrature and 1 index tracks
- 10 through 40mm code-wheel radii compatibility
- 500 through 6k PPR resolution compatibility
- -40°C to 125°C ambient operating temperature
- Programmable auto-alignment and auto-calibration
- Closed-loop LED control
Moreover, if the encoder code-disk is later altered, FlexSense sensor can be reprogrammed to meet changing requirements extending the sensor’s value-add to suit future designs and negating the cost of purchasing a different sensor.