The Renesas Electronics Corporation has introduced the ZSSC4132- an automotive pressure sensor solution with an integrated certified LINv2.2a interface. The single-package sensor signal conditioner (SSC) delivers best-in-class performance, increased design flexibility, and cost-efficiency in a compact form factor for HVAC applications used in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV), Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV), and Fuel-cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) climate control systems.
The ZSSC4132 combines the best-in-class analog front end (AFE) technology for enhanced sensor signal conditioning and digital calibration to reduce the noise sensitivity and deliver nigh accuracy for pressure and temperature reading. The overall bill of material (BOM) is reduced as the SSC’s integration minimizes the need for external components.
Other Features of ZSSC4132
- LIN v2.2a certification with backward compatibility to LIN v1.3, v2.0, and v2.1
- Differential bridge sensor input that enables accuracy at ±0.5% full-scale output for temperatures ranging from -40°C to 150°C
- 12- to 14-bit ADC resolution
- Slave node position detection feature at the LIN bus, allowing the SSC to assign a unique ID to the device
- Overvoltage and reverse-polarity protection circuitry
- Electromagnetic compatibility
- Multiple diagnostic features
The ZSSC4132 can be configured for almost all resistive bridge sensors, the leading performance levels and integrated LIN PHY in a small footprint make the SSC the best choice for small automotive sensor modules with limited space, tight budget, and end-of-line (EOL) calibration requirements.