Diodes Incorporated introduced new PI7C1401 quad port expander with small size and in a 56-ZF (TQFN) package measuring just 5mm x 11mm at 0.5mm pitch, allowing it to be surface-mounted to the underside of a PCB and close to the physical interfaces. PI7C1401 comes with four low-speed ports that can be aggregated into a single channel and by combining multiple quad port expanders so that host processor can control up to 56 transceivers through a single I2C/SPI interface. This lowers the pin count and makes easier PCB layout for high-speed interfaces mentioned above.
The PI7C1401 is ideal for applications such as Networking, Telecom, Multiple high-speed transceivers including standard SFP (small form-factor pluggable), dual SFP (DSFP) and quad SFP (QSFP), such as baseband units, routers, and switches as found in telecommunications, networking and data centers.
- supports separate host-side I/O voltages, from 1.8V to 3.3V
- supports automatic pre-fetching of user-defined critical data from the modules
- supports customizable data-driven interrupts
- supports broadcast mode that allows all ports to be written simultaneously
- Bus Speed when using SPI Mode: 33MHz
- Host Interface : I2C/SPI
- Aggregation Port : 4
- GPIO : 4
- Automatic Pre-Fetch : yes
- Operating Temperature Range(0C) : -40 to +85
- Package : TQFN(ZF56) MSL1
The samples and Evaluation Board for PI7C1401 are available at www.diodes.com.