Toshiba Electronics announced new M4G Group (1) Arm Cortex-M-based microcontrollers with high-performance analog circuits. The Microcontroller comes with a wide range of timers, communication channels and is available in a rich lineup of packages from 100 to 177 pins. The microcontrollers are focused on the application areas such as for office automation (OA) equipment, audio-visual (AV) equipment, and industrial equipment. M4G Group(1) features onboard flash memory ranging from 512KB to 1536KB with operating frequency up to 160 MHz.
The M4G Group(1) microcontroller also comprises highly versatile peripheral circuits such as serial memory interface (SMIF), UART, I2C, TSPI, and timers, and support for large-scale systems. In addition to this, the M4G Group (1) incorporates two DMA controllers: a high-speed DMA controller and a multi-function DMA controller with high-precision analog circuits that include a 12-bit AD converter (up to 24 channels) with a 1.0μs conversion speed. The microcontroller will be released in groups of microcontrollers for communication control in high-speed data processing, and devices equipped with high-precision analog circuits for control of low- to medium-speed motors.
- High-performance Arm Cortex-M4 core, operating at up to 160MHz
- Based on the global standard Arm Cortex-M4 core.
- A comprehensive lineup of memory and package variations
- A wide lineup of memory and package variations covers application in diverse products.
- General-purpose microcontrollers equipped with diverse interfaces and communication channels, suitable for MFPs and AV equipment that require high-speed data processing.
The samples of the M4G group (1) microcontrollers are available and can be checked through Toshiba. Mass-production will start with selected products and then expanded.