The new AI edge embedded computer media player AIEdge-X100-VPU from NEXCOM utilizes a power-saving Intel Celeron J3455 CPU and AIBooster addon card with Intel Movidius Myriad X to achieve similar performance to an Intel Core i5 with 35% lower cost. This new AIEdge-X100-VPU allows stores to display advertising and capture critical data points to provide advertisers with the hard data they need to make an informed decision and gives stores a concrete method to determine the ideal store layout.
The AIEdge-X100-VPU features an Intel Celeron J3455 CPU that operates at 1.5 GHz and has a TDP of only 10W. To add the extra power needed for deep neural network inference, this system accepts an AIBooster addon card with one or two Intel Movidius Myriad X VPUs explicitly designed for computer vision applications. Additionally, by utilizing Intel hardware, the AIEdge-X100-VPU can leverage OpenVINO libraries with pre-trained models for many different applications.
- Intel Celeron J3455 processor
- AIBooster with one/two Intel Movidius Myriad X
- Optional TPM
- Operating Temp: -5 to 50℃
- Includes 19 Vdc power adapter
- Size: 179.5 x 106 x 37 mm (W x D x H)
- License plate recognition: As license plate recognition makes its way into all areas of traffic management, having a cost-effective slim computer option makes integrating computer vision easy.
- Automated checkout: One bakery used the AIEdge-X®100-VPU as a retail transaction system for self-ordering that provided automated checkout, reducing overall waiting time and allowing a single staff member to oversee many checkout counters.
- Body temperature checking: With continued COVID vigilance, regular temperature checks continue as a first-line defense in preventing social spread, so this cost-effective choice reduces the barrier to implementation.