Analog Devices announced the release of the ADIN1300 series, a robust, industrial Ethernet physical layer (PHY) products to help manufacturers to address key industry 4.0 and smart factory communication challenges surrounding data integration, synchronizing, edge connectivity and system interoperability. The ADIN1300 is a low power, single port Ethernet transceiver with industry-leading power and latency, it was mainly designed for time-critical industrial Ethernet applications up to Gigabit speeds. As the industrial automation speeds up, the adoption of Ethernet increases and the boundaries of data rates are being pushed, the ADIN1300 is designed to operate reliably in harsh industrial conditions over extended ambient temperature of −40°C to +105°C.
Features of ADIN1300:
- 10BASE-Te/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T IEEE® 802.3™ compliant MII, RMII and RGMII MAC interfaces
- 330mW power consumption 1000BASE-T
- 290ns 1000BASE-T RGMII Latency (Rx + Tx)
- EMC Test Standards:
- IEC 61000-4-5 surge (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-4 electrical fast transient (EFT) (±4 kV)
- IEC 61000-4-2 ESD (±6 kV contact discharge)
- IEC 61000-4-6 conducted immunity (10 V)
- EN55032 radiated emissions (Class A)
- EN55032 conducted emissions (Class A)
- Unmanaged configuration using multi-level pin strapping
- Start of Frame Detection for IEEE 1588 Time Stamp Support
- 40-lead, 6mm x 6mm LFCSP
ADIN 1300 is the latest technology developed for the ADI Chronous Ethernet portfolio, ADI’s newly expanded portfolio of industrial Ethernet solutions. The ADI Chronous Ethernet portfolio includes the ADIN 1200, a low-power single port 10/100 robust Ethernet PHY for today’s real-time industrial Ethernet networks. ADIN 1200 encompasses a range of advanced industrial Ethernet technologies from real-time Ethernet switches, PHY transceivers and protocol processing to complete network interface products.
The ADIN 1300 is suitable for industrial Ethernet applications such as motion control, factory automation, building automation, test and measurement, and industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). ADI will be exhibiting ADIN1300 and other ADI Chronous Ethernet portfolio solutions at SPS on November 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany at the NurnbergMesse GmBH event center. For more details about the ADIN 1300 visit the product page on the official website of Analog Devices.