Encompassed in a standard surface-mount package, the K857PE SMD 4-Quadrant silicon PIN photodiode from New Yorker Electronics delivers an excellent signal-to-noise ratio with virtually no tolerance between segments. Qualified for automotive, consumer, and industrial applications, this new device integrates four monolithic diodes integrated into a single 4.72 mm x 4.72 mm x 0.8 mm top-view surface-mount package.
The device is AEC-Q101 qualified, RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green. It retains an active area of 1.6 mm2 per quadrant and provides a floor life rating of 168h, in accordance with J-STD-020. Besides, it has a wide sensitivity range from 69 nm to 1050 nm, an 8.5µA reverse light current, and a ± 60° angle of half sensitivity.
The defined gap between four radiant sensitive areas of the device allows for reliable measurement during laser positioning. The opaque package sides eliminate stray light irradiating the photodiodes resulting in an excellent signal-to-noise ratio while the linear photo-response enables small signal detection. The other notable feature of this photodiode is that the current from each of the device’s PIN diodes can be processed individually which results in low 0.1 % electrical crosstalk and virtually no tolerance between segments. Automotive rain / light sensors, industrial automation systems, laser beam alignment, and virtual reality are the major application areas where the K857PE photodiode can be used.
Key Features of K857PE SMD 4-Quadrant silicon PIN Photodiode
- Four monolithic diodes integrated into a single 4.72 mm x 4.72 mm x 0.8 mm top-view, surface-mount package
- An active area of 1.6 mm2 per quadrant
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- 0.1% low electrical crosstalk
- Virtually no tolerance between segments
- A wide sensitivity range from 690 nm to 1050 nm
- 8.5µA reverse light current
- Daylight blocking filter
- ±60° angle of half sensitivity
- RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green
- Floor life of 168h in accordance with J-STD-020