The Infineon Technologies AG is going to expand its XENSIV 3D magnetic sensor family TLv493D with the introduction of the TLI493D-W2BW. The new sensor uses the latest 3D Hall generation from Infineon and is housed in an extremely small (1.13 mm x 0.93 mm x 0.59 mm) wafer-level (WLB-5) package. The new device has an 87% smaller footprint and 46% lesser height than the previous comparable products and it consumes a low current of 7nA in power mode.
Features of TLI493D-W2BW
- Available in four variants with preconfigured standard addresses
- A higher resolution of 32.5 to 130 µT/LSB12(typ)
- The update rate is up to 5.7 kHz (8.4 kHz for XY)
- The supply current is 3.4 mA
- The resolution in low-power modes can be adjusted in eight steps between 0.05 and 770 Hz
- XY angle measurement is also supported.
- Has an integrated wake-up function
- Has an I2C interface and a dedicated interrupt pin.
The TLI493D-W2BW can act as the best solution for space-critical applications such as BLDC commutation in micromotors or control elements such as joysticks or game consoles. It enables designs with double-sided PCBs or positioning of the sensor between two PCBs, this allows optimal use of the available space; for example, additional components can be placed above the sensor.
The advantages such as high accuracy, easy assembling, robustness against dust and moisture, and various design options make the new magnetic sensor a better option for applications that were using resistor base or optical solutions earlier. The production of the TLI493D-W2BW will start in August 2020.