Nordic semiconductor announced that Tile, one of the leading manufacturers of Bluetooth tracking device has decided to use the Nordic’s nRF52810 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) System-on-Chip (SoC) to provide the processing power and wireless connectivity for its ‘Tile Sticker’, ‘Tile Slim’, ‘Tile Pro’, and ‘Tile Mate’ devices. These devices can be attached or paired with anything that a user wants to keep track of such as Travel bag, Wallet, car key, backpacks or any other important items. Once the device is activated the Tile will be wirelessly connected with the user’s Bluetooth 4.0 (or later) smartphone or tablet with the help of nRF52810 SoC. The device will provide its location anonymously by using the smartphone or tablet’s location services.
The Tile app allows the user to ‘ring’ their lost device by playing a loud tune if it is within the range. The app also keeps track of the last time and place where it located the user’s item so the user will know where to look first if an item is lost. In some cases, if a user can’t find his smart phone, by pressing the button on any of their connected tiles will make the smart phone ring even if it is in silent mode.
Technical Specifications of nRF52810
- 64MHz, 32 bit Arm Cortex M4 processor.
- Bluetooth 5, 2.4GHz transceiver.
- 1.7 -3.6V supply voltage range.
- 192KB Flash + 24KB RAM.
- Integrated DC-DC regulator.
- 0.3 µA in System OFF.
- 1.5 µA in System ON with RTC.
- 12-bit 200 ksps ADC.
- Tile sticker: weighs 5g, 27x7.3mm form factor, tracking range: 45m, Non replaceable enclosed battery
- Tile Slim: Weighs 14g, 84x54x2.5mm form factor, tracking range: 60m, non replaceable enclosed battery.
- Tile Pro: Weighs 12g, 42x42x6.5mm form factor, tracking range: 120m, Replaceable CR2032 Coin cell battery.
- Tile Mate: Weighs 6g, 35x35x6.2mm form factor, Tracking range: 60m Replaceable CR1632 battery.
Tile sticker is provided with an adhesive backing for sure attachment to the assets to be tracked. The Tile sticker and Tile slim guarantee a minimum battery life of three years, whereas the Tile pro and Tile mate provide a battery life of one year in normal operation. The nRF52810 has engineered to minimize power consumption with features such as 2.4 GHz radio’s 4.6mA peak RX/TX currents and a fully automated power management system that reduces power consumption by up to 80% compared with Nordic’s nRF51 Series SoCs. More details about nRF52810 can be found in the product page on Nordic Official website.