Designed to write sensor readings to a secure blockchain, Pebble Tracker from IoTeX is a secure, battery-operated, multi-sensor, cellular-IoT prototyping platform that uses a tamper-proof secure element to convert real-world phenomenon into verifiable, blockchain-ready data. This new prototyping platform is built around Nordic Semiconductor’s latest low-power nRF9160 System-in-Package (SiP) and is driven by open-source firmware. It is equipped with GPS support, a wide assortment of other sensors, NB-IoT/LTE-M connectivity, and advanced security features that make it ideal for sophisticated logistical applications.
The nRF9160 SiP is an Arm Cortex-M33 processor that runs at 64MHz, 1MB of flash, 256kB of RAM, and support for Arm's TrustZone via the CryptoCell-310 security subsystem. The device includes support for LTE-M and NB-IoT connectivity in 700-2.2GHz bands, and GPS receiver function time-multiplexed with the LTE modem. Besides, there is an on-board buzzer that offers 85dB/min sound pressure measured at 10cm. Other sensors included are the Bosch BME680 humidity, temperature, pressure, and air quality sensor, ICM-42605 three-axis gyroscope and accelerometer, and an AMSTSL2572 ambient light sensor.
Key Features & Specifications of Pebble Tracker
- Arm Cortex-M33 @ 64 MHz
- Operating supply voltage: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Flash size: 1 MB
- RAM size: 256 KB
- Arm Trust zone
- Arm Cryptocell 310
- LTE-M / NB-IoT (support in bands from 700 MHz to 2.2 GHz)
- GPS receiver (time-multiplexed with LTE modem)
- Secure socket (TLS/DTLS) API
- Frequency: 2700 Hz
- Sound pressure level (dB/min): 85 at 10 cm
- Weight: ~10 g
- Dimensions: 3.5 cm x 5.3 cm
- TD1030 GPS Sensor with 3m position accuracy and 0.1 m/s speed accuracy
- Bosch BME680 Environmental Sensor (Humidity, pressure, temperature, air quality (VOCs))
- ICM-42605 Motion Sensor: 3-axis gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometers
- AMS TSL2572 Ambient Light Sensor: 45,000,000:1 dynamic range, up to 60,000 lux in sunlight, very high sensitivity and package UV rejection filter
Pebble Tracker takes decentralized applications to the next level. It offers best-in-class security with trusted execution capabilities via Arm TrustZone to secure and isolate the most critical processes and peripherals for your applications. Arm CryptoCell-310 further enhances the security of Pebble Tracker by offering cryptographic and security resources to protect your applications from various attacks.
Asset tracking, supply chain, smart manufacturing, remote monitoring, transportation, and logistics are the application areas where this device can be used. The on-board capabilities of the device allow developers to design and build innovative, decentralized IoT solutions. Customers can get additional details of Pebble Tracker on CrowdSupply.