Renesas Electronics Corporation and LUPA-Electronics GmbH have collaboratively introduced the EagleCAM module, an open front camera solution that significantly shortens time to mass production of Euro NCAP, C-NCAP, and L2+ applications. Featuring Renesas’ R-Car V3H and R-Car V3M system-on-chip (SoC) devices, this all-in-one scalable camera platform enables OEMs and Tier 1s to differentiate and extend their offering by integrating their proprietary or third-party software that adds additional driving features.
This open turnkey solution delivers flexible, high-performance perception while shortening time to market and reducing the bill of materials (BOM) costs. Based on Renesas’ proven R-Car SoCs, the EagleCAM module supports low- to high-end front camera applications with extensions for surround view, driver monitoring, and augmented reality. The device also includes Renesas’ automotive power management ICs (PMICs) that further reduces BOM costs.
EagleCAM offers improved CNN performance of up to 3.7 TOPS, ASIL-C capability of the real-time domain, and camera support of up to 8 megapixels. It features a pre-validated hardware design, shortening the time required to reach mass production. Customers can access the perception stacks that offer shorter turnaround times or stacks based on emerging technologies. The EagleCAM camera featuring R-Car SoCs is available from the LUPA website.
Key Features of R-Car SoCs EagleCAM Module
- Turnkey end-to-end front camera solution for active safety
- Meets standards such as Euro NCAP and C-NCAP
- Runs high-performance perception algorithmsField of view up to 100° HFOV
- 1.7MP or 2.45MP imagers
- Renesas V3M or V3H
- 5x camera input (GSML or FPD-Link III) for 360° view
- 1x camera output (GSML or FPD-Link III)
- Up to 3x CAN-FD
- Up to 2x 100/1000BASE-T1 Ethernet
- Default operating system: Linux + FreeRTOS
- Functional safety version: QNX + AUTOSAR (based on project)
- -40 °C to 95 °C, IP5K2 up to IP6K7
- Safety level: Up to ASIL-C
- Size: 120 mm x 60 mm x 40 mm (L*W*H)