Hi all. Just trying to teach myself about electricity so I can teach my kids later. Hope this is the right place to post this.
i want to make a small device to seal bags. Plastic to begin, but Mylar bags once I get it working.
So I ran a 9 volt battery to a screw with appropriate gauged wire. I then ran from the screw to another screw with very thin wire. Finally thick wire back to the battery.
My problem is the thin wire is not heating up At all.
the battery quickly becomes warm, so I think there are no short circuits.
not only is the wire not heating up, but I licked it and didn’t get a shock. (I blew my multimeter a while ago and haven’t gotten another one yet)
Any suggestions what is going on?