LED2001 based driver

Submitted by Tiko on Mon, 07/08/2019 - 01:16

Hello ! I am a newbie electronics enthusiast but managed to solder together a simple LED driver for my DIY headlight. Surprisingly enough it works but in order to keep all parts in place i had to pour a ton of hot glue over it. Not ideal. 

There is an evaluation board from ST electronics https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/evaluation-tools/solution-evaluation-tools/led-and-general-lighting-solution-eval-boards/steval-ill054v2.html 

It is available in "gerber" files but I've found no way to edit these. I need to change some components and add a 555 based dimmer circuit to that. Basically create a custom PCB. How?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hie, i would suggest you to make a new PCB using EasyEDA online pcb designer. Basically you can import a gerber file in the EasyEDA designer to look for the tracks and other things. You can take reference of the gerber file and make a new PCB. This way you can use replace the existing IC with 555 IC. 

You can go to https://easyeda.com/ and use the existing designes of embedded PWM dimming circuitry LED brightness control made by some other designer. you can import the design and can make a few changes to get the work done. comment if you need more help on this.

Joined January 21, 2019      42
Monday at 12:12 PM

Hi Tiko! For making schematic from PCB Gerber files, you need to use any of the schematic/PCB layout design tool like Proteus, Altium Design, EasyEDA etc. Import the gerber and trace the connections with components. And in place of the IC already installed in it, you can place NE555 but make sure that the IC embedded before has same pin configurations like power, signal. I recommend you to create a new one using NE555 by changing its duty cycle in any of its 3 modes of operation. Here I would like to recommend you to get connect with the technical support team of SSLA for getting better assistance regarding any of your projects.

Joined April 09, 2020      55
Thursday at 02:40 PM

Hi Tiko! For making schematic from PCB Gerber files, you need to use any of the schematic/PCB layout design tool like Proteus, Altium Design, EasyEDA etc. Import the gerber and trace the connections with components. And in place of the IC already installed in it, you can place NE555 but make sure that the IC embedded before has the same pin configurations like power, signal. I recommend you to create a new one using NE555 by changing its duty cycle in any of its 3 modes of operation. Here I would like to recommend you to get connected with the technical support team of Sierra Software Ltd. for getting better assistance & support regarding any of your projects.

Joined May 23, 2020      47
Saturday at 02:49 PM

jaksonlee

The LED2001 is an 850 kHz fixed switching frequency monolithic step-down DC-DC converter designed to operate as precise constant current source with an adjustable current capability up to 4 A DC. The regulated output current is set connecting a sensing resistor to the feedback pin.

Joined November 07, 2019      124
Thursday at 04:25 PM